Social Work Provided Throughout the Continuum of Care
(Independent Living, Assisted Living and the Health Center)
- Work directly with individual families in Oaknoll’s LifeCare Community.
- Assist residents and families transitioning through the continuum of care.
- Meet with residents who are experiencing a difficult situation to offer support.
- Refer residents and families to appropriate services within Oaknoll and in the greater community.
- Assist residents with insurance and benefits:
- Social Security
- Veterans Administration
- Private Insurance
- Provide residents and families information on financial, legal, mental health or other community resources.
- Assist with the coordination of hospice services.
- Oversee companion program and assigning companions to residents for a variety of services.
- Provide information and assist with completing advance care planning.
- Participate in orientation for all new employees and in-service training for Oaknoll staff.
- Facilitate Support Groups. Finding options which most meet residents physical and emotional needs.