Oaknoll is an active retirement community. Our full-time recreation staff plan and coordinate stimulating programs and activities to make sure there’s something for everyone to enjoy at all levels of the LifeCare continuum.
Residents, and those on our waiting list, may choose to be as active as they want to be in our community. Here is a sampling of some of the activities our residents enjoy:
- Trips to events at local venues and those that are out of town.
- Interesting and informative lectures from experts covering a wide range of subjects.
- Holiday parties.
- Live music performances.
- Ice cream socials and watermelon feasts.
- Dances (we have a nice dance floor in our Oak Dining Room).
- Tailgate parties before and during Hawkeye athletic events.
- Game nights, including regular evenings of bridge and other card games.
- Wii tennis, golf and bowling leagues.
Oaknoll also has an active Resident Council and a plethora of committees which helps residents stay involved in the community and offers them the chance to assist with programs and have an important voice in maintaining a vibrant community.
Some committees include: Coffee Shop, Event Greeters, Exercise, Flower, Friendship, Health & Safety, Gardening, Library, Memoires, Newcomers, Orientation, Picture, Program, Recycling, Refreshments, Stitch & Chatter and Vespers.