What are the advantages of independent living in a retirement community as opposed to continuing to live in my own home?
While you are young and healthy is the exact time to move to Oaknoll to take advantage of our LifeCare community. If a crisis happens it may too late to qualify for Oaknoll's continuum of care. You could miss out on your opportunity to share in a vibrant, active retirement community with friends and neighbors. Oaknoll Retirement Residence offers you the opportunity to plan for your future, preserve your assets and move into an adult community with the same comforts you experience in your own home and some extra advantages:
- LifeCare - if you should ever need assisted living or nursing
care services Oaknoll can provide these services to you at no additional
- The lifestyle of your choice - go on vacation at anytime knowing that someone will be here to look after your things while you are away. Enjoy your retirement years with your friends and family and let us worry about the day-to-day care and maintenance of your home.
- Security - be assured of a safe and secure environment.
- Friends and neighbors
- Local non-profit governing body
- Resident council
- Great meals - enjoy a good home cooked meal in our dining
room while visiting with friends. Our professional dietary staff
will also help prepare the meals for your private parties and get-togethers.
- Activities and recreation programs - Our activities staff makes sure that there is always something going on in our active LifeCare community. Planned trips, lectures, readings, social events, etc. At Oaknoll you can participate and be as active as you want to be.
- Increased life expectancy
Services at Oaknoll
Our services at Oaknoll are designed to let you leave behind those extra cares and responsibilities of home ownership. The following are included in your monthly fee:
- All Utilities
- 24 Hour Emergency Nursing Care
- Local Telephone Service With Voice Mail
- Cable Television
- Lawn and Grounds Care
- Full Janitorial and Maintenance Services
- Twice-Monthly Cleaning of Your Apartment
- Transportation seven days per week
- Scheduled Activities and Programs
- Secure Building
- Answering Service and Receptionist
- Laundry Facilities on Each Floor
- 20 Meals Per Month
Oaknoll offers over thirty different floor plans depending on your personal preferences regarding layout, location and lifestyle. Our independent living units range in size from convenient efficiency apartments (375 square feet) to spacious and comfortable two and three bedroom apartment homes (ranging up to 2200 square feet). We have just the right size for you.
At Oaknoll you may entertain in your apartment, reserve one of the eight distinctively decorated lounges, or entertain out-of-doors in one of our courtyard areas. Your family and friends are always welcome and may stay overnight in one of our guests rooms.
Everyone is involved in making new residents, especially those who come from other states, feel welcome. Oaknoll is located only minutes away from the University of Iowa campus. Our residents enjoy participating in the many cultural and sporting events as well as many other activities (classes and lectures) that the University has to offer.
Call today at 319-351-1720 for your personal tour or reach us by e-mail at email@example.com for your free Oaknoll brochure and packet.
MA, Health Services Administration
Licensed Nursing Home Administrator